Senior Broking Manager, Network Insurance Group SA (Adelaide)
Network Insurance Group (Adelaide) is a general insurance broking business currently seeking an experienced, professional and consultative senior broker to join its high-performing team in the critical role of Senior Broking Manager with a focus on General Insurance Lines and ideally an affection for Financial Lines within that sphere.
To Network Insurance Group (NIG), South Australia, being a trusted Insurance Broker is more than just placing a policy and our journey toward being Risk Advisers is well underway. It’s about not only understanding our client’s business better than our competitors, but continually looking for opportunities to add value. NIG SA is a flagship Broker in Adelaide offering stability and growth to its staff as well as excellent benefits. This role will form part a high performing team, reporting into the Managing Director, with flexibility, autonomy and the opportunity to add significant value to the aspirations of NIG in the South Australian market.
This is a great opportunity for a proactive and motivated person to join our Brokerage. You will be given a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with a lot of autonomy and experience great Leadership.
You will be working closely with the Managing Director of the Brokerage, as well as other key stakeholders to deliver best in class insurance outcomes and insurance risk transfer solutions across a portfolio of both local, regional and national clients, focusing on both General but also Professional Services accounts. Our business is investing in Fin. Lines and the broader Financial Services (FS) team following a sustained period of success, it is an exciting time to join the team.
Network Insurance Group is in the business of Risk Advisory
At Network Insurance Group, we protect what matters the most and are quickly becoming trusted risk advisors to more than 40,000 customers across Australia.
As an organization, we are united through expertise, trust and experience, passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like
- Working with the Managing Director, our GM – Fin. Lines and like-minded colleagues in each of our represented States, in delivering the best possible outcome for Network’s clients with a focus on client retention, revenue generation through New Business and the delivery of the full range of Networks capabilities.
- Maintaining strategic relationships with insurance carrier partners in all key markets and successfully negotiating appropriate risk transfer and placement solutions based on individual client risk profile
- Monitor and review the portfolio in support of a robust compliance, regulatory and legislative climate and helping support clients and colleagues in support of great client outcomes across both General lines and ideally the Professional Services lines of Insurance.
- Participation in business development opportunities, including policy wording health-checks, technical and claims commentary in tenders and involvement in new business presentations across the business
- Participation in key speaking opportunities at industry events in SA to raise awareness of Networks brand and capabilities in the General and Fin. Lines Insurance and risk space
- Provide high level of support to all team members and ensure that all requests are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Processing of new business, renewals and policy document preparation and maintenance.
- Ensure provision of excellent service to clients and the highest quality input to insurers including; quoting renewals, processing of endorsements/amendments, preparing correspondence between our clients and underwriters, updating reports, premium calculations and allocations where required at the client’s direction.
How this opportunity is different
Network Insurance Group will never limit you to your job title. Have almost tripled in growth from $100m 4 years ago – to $400m+ today, people and growth are core to our success. Your development, both personally and professionally alongside some of the most talented people in our business is core to the organisation, with continual improvement, learning and a client focus that is second to none. We genuinely want you to be the best version of yourself.
Culture is vitally important to us at NIG. We honestly believe that our culture is different, with authentic and inquisitive individuals who each bring something unique to our team.
Be you, be unique with us.
Skills and experience that will lead to success
- Strong technical understanding of a broad range of both general, but specifically Fin. Lines Insurance products and risk solutions, with a sound understanding of both.
- A keen entrepreneurial spirit and flair for business development with excellent cross-selling abilities
- Highly self-motivated to take ownership and accountability for development and execution of relationships at a senior level
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team Player whom works well with others, in support of a national focus on the General lines of business but also comfortable with helping nuture and support others in support of a focused approach to Professional Services
- Diploma or Degree in Bus/Finance/Commerce plus qualifications in accordance with the Financial Services Reform Act (minimum Tier 1 Broking Compliance) would be expected; individuals from an underwriting background would be welcome to apply
Benefits and perks
You will become part of NIG SA’s energetic, determined and vibrant culture. Some of our employee benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration structure: We have competitive salaries and bonus schemes to reward our staff for their contributions
- Formal Training and Development opportunities.
- Travel insurance benefits: Enjoy comprehensive travel insurance for you and your family
- Life/TPD and Salary continuance benefits: should you be unable to work
- Flexible work arrangements and flexible start/finish times available
- Health and Well-being Benefits: NIG staff receive a wide range of Health and Well-being perks such as Skin Checks, Flu Vaccination, Education Seminars and EAP support
Chief Operating Officer